Posted on July 16 2020
To meet or not to meet... that is the question.
We hope the answer is YES!
You know the value of community, and we believe that staying connected with one another, especially during a challenging time like this, is so very important.
This doesn’t mean you have to meet in person. Thanks to technology, there are so many digital options.
Here’s how you can utilize your time together:
- Schedule a 30-minute (or more) weekly check in to pray together and encourage one another.
- Pick a 1–2 part study on Anthology. You can watch the videos on your own time and then discuss using the questions provided.
- Choose a study on YouTube. You can purchase the books, watch the videos, and then discuss online together.
To make meeting digitally as easy as possible, consider doing the following.
- Create a free online account through a video conferencing platform. There are many great options. Here are a few:
- Follow these tips for meeting digitally:
- Jump online early to make sure your video and audio are working.
- Sit close to the screen.
- Good lighting goes a long way.
- Avoid eating or getting up during group.
- Turn off any potential distractions ahead of time so you can be fully engaged.
- Since background noise can cause feedback and static noise on your call, group members should mute themselves when they are not talking to eliminate feedback.
Since you’ve been a little busy leading through a pandemic for the first time, we wanted to make sure you didn’t miss some of the content we’ve shared recently.
(and how to quit them)
Come out the other side of quarantine with more grace and patience for the loved ones you’ve been living with. You’ll be glad you did. (And so will your loved ones.)
Three Stages for Re-Entry
What does this season make possible?
You’re a rookie at leading during a pandemic—we all are! So, give yourself some grace and remember that this season too shall pass. But while you’re in it, start thinking about what you can be doing now to prepare for then.
It's not polite to talk religion or politics.
We’d love to help you get a head start on message prep with a FREE 3-part series called Talking Points: The Perfect Blend of Politics and Religion. Things in our country look different than they did when Andy delivered these messages, but we think you’ll agree that what he challenges Christians to do is timelier than ever.
Calm In The Storm
Andy Stanley’s 8-minute message of reassurance
Next time you have a quiet moment… (Maybe you have too many of those. Maybe you haven’t had one in a month! Either way, welcome.) Watch this tremendously encouraging 8-minute message from Andy.
Leading Through Covid and Learning From It
There’s no map for doing ministry amid a pandemic. The decisions you’re facing are unprecedented, but you aren’t alone in facing them. So we thought it may help to hear what’s on the minds of North Point’s leaders as they weigh some of the same issues as you.