Posted on June 12 2020
Leadership looks a little different these days, doesn’t it? 🤔
Around here we're focusing a little less on accomplishment, and a lot more on connection.
To address the fatigue, loneliness, and fear our staff is experiencing, we're putting some extra energy into investing in the emotional health of our employees.
We're doing things like...
- Intentionally celebrating birthdays 🎉, anniversaries, and milestones with drive-by parades 🚙🚗, videos, snail mail, or chalk art.
- Using video conferencing 🖥 for emotional check-ins (as opposed to project updates)
- Asking for and addressing the tensions and fears felt by the team
- Meeting for a walk 🚶♂️ instead of a conference or video call
- Tailgating for lunch in the church parking lot
- Starting virtual team meetings with digital games
Whether you're people-oriented or task-oriented, your direct reports are likely craving encouragement over (another) to-do list.
You're doing a great work, keep it up! 🙂👍
And if we can help, please let us know.
We're all on the hunt for some more innovative ways to support our work teams.
SHARE YOUR IDEAS
in the comments section below.
Check this page in the coming days for other ideas.