This One Thing Audio Download
This One Thing - Message by Andy Stanley
We all make resolutions. We all break resolutions. But if we're really honest, there is something in each of our lives—a habit, a relationship, a debt—that deserves our attention this year. In this message, Andy recounts the Old Testament story of Nehemiah and draws out a lesson that can be the key to finally accomplishing the one thing we each need to put our mind to this year.
This year you can do a lot of things. You will do a lot of things. But what’s the one thing you need to do? What’s the one thing that will make an extraordinary difference in your life? Begin to do it today.
1. What New Year’s resolutions have you made in the past? Did you follow through on them?
2. Did you make a New Year’s resolution this year? What is it?
3. Talk about a time at work or in your family life when you couldn’t focus on something important because your time was consumed by something urgent. How did the important thing suffer as a result?
4. In light of Andy’s message about focusing this year on the one thing that is most important, would you change your New Year’s resolution? What would your revised resolution be?
5. What urgent thing robs you of time to focus on your most important thing? What can you do to shift your priorities?
6. Who do you know that can hold you accountable for following through on the goal you set? What is the greatest barrier to asking that person to do so?
"I am doing a great work and I cannot come down. Why should the work stop while I leave it and come down to you?" Nehemiah 6:3b
Communicator, author, and pastor Andy Stanley founded Atlanta-based North Point Ministries in 1995. Today, NPM is comprised of six churches in the Atlanta area and a network of 30 churches around the globe, collectively serving nearly 70,000 people weekly. As the host of Your Move with Andy Stanley, with over five million messages consumed each month through television and podcast, and the author of 20-plus books, including The New Rules for Love, Sex & Dating; Ask It; How to Be Rich; Deep & Wide; Visioneering; and Next Generation Leader, he is considered one of the most influential living pastors in America. Andy and his wife, Sandra, have three grown children and live near Atlanta.